News

14-year-old loses both legs as his brother unknowingly spark chainsaw

A 14-year-old Collins Ampong has lost both legs ripped off by a chain saw machine in Asankra-Breman in the Western Region.

The incident is said to have happened when the boy and his 11-year-old brother were playing on a local sawmill machine around 4 pm on Monday.

Eyewitnesses say the victim was seen sitting close to the cutting edge of the machine when the brother unknowingly sparked the sharp-bladed device that ripped off both legs instantly.

Immediately the 11 years started calling for help from residents close by.

Upon hearing the cries of the boy the owner of the machine who was within the vicinity rushed to meet the 14-year-old with both legs ripped off.

He was immediately rushed to the Asankragua Catholic Hospital, where he is receiving treatment.

But doctors at the hospital have advised the boy is transferred to the Okomfo Anokye Teaching Hospital for surgery.

source: myjoyonline.com

Back to top button