News

Court withdraws bench warrant for arrest of Oheneba Boamah

An Accra High Court has finally withdrawn a bench warrant it issued for the arrest of Battleground host Oheneba Boamah Bennie who is facing a contempt of court charge.

The court presided over by Justice Elfreda Amy Dankyi, had on Wednesday issued the bench warrant on after  the Power FM news anchor failed to appear before the court.

The order of the court demanded that  Bennie be arrested and produced before the court on Thursday, December 24, 2020.

However his lawyers, Victor Adawudu and Francis Sosu, initiated processes against the decision of the Judge on the basis that  Oheneba’s doctor had given him an excuse duty after he fell ill last week.

Mr Adawudu said they prayed the court to consider the doctor’s report after presenting a notice of appeal of order to Justice Dankyi.

“We went back [to the court] and said he [Oheneba] is not well. After presenting the notice the Justice rescinded her decison,” Mr Adawudu said in an interview with Power FM’s Piesie Okrah Thursday shortly after the  proceeding.

Oheneba’s case has been adjourned to January 14, 2020.

The presenter was dragged to court by the Attorney-General (A-G) for contempt of court. The A-G claims Bennie had fed the public with false news after he allegedly claimed that President Akufo-Addo had influenced some Justices of the Supreme Court to rule in his favour in an event of any election petition following the President’s victory in the just-ended 2020 general election.

Source: Ghana|Myxyzonline.com

Show More
Back to top button
Translate »