The opposition National Democratic Congress has announced that its national congress will be held in November 2022.
The decision was arrived at a national executive council (NEC) meeting held on Monday 9th May, 2022 at the Party headquarters.
Constituency and Regional elections are expected to be held in September and October respectively while the branch elections are held from 15 June to July this year.
The statement announcing this was signed by NDC General Secretary, Mr Johnson Asiedu Nketiah.
Below is the statement;
COMMUNIQUE ISSUED AT THE END OF THE NATIONAL EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
HELD ON 9TH MAY, 2022 AT THE PARTY HEADQUARTERS, ACCRA
The National Executive Committee (NEC) of the National Democratic Congress at its meeting held on Monday 9th May, 2022 at the Party Headquarters discussed the ongoing reorganization
of the party and resolved as follows:
A. Branch Reorganization Exercise:
1. That Regulations and modalities for Branch Elections should be approved by NEC and the elections conducted before that of the constituencies and the Region.
2. That as part of the regulations for the branch elections, nominations shall open upon an official publication or announcement by the General Secretary seven (7) clear days before the start of the election.
3. That nominations forms shall be made available at all branches at a fee of ten Ghana cedis only (GHC 10.00) for all aspirants.
4. That, to be eligible to contest for a position in the branch elections, a person must be a registered and active member of the party and in good standing for a least four (4) years.
5. That all registered members of the party in good standing shall participate in the voting process.
6. That for the avoidance of doubt, NEC delegates the Functional Executive Committee to act on its behalf in the exercise of the approved guidelines for the conduct of the branch
B. APPROVAL OF SALL and PROFORUM Affiliation
NEC also resolved;
1. That the SALL area (Santrokofi Akpafu, Lolobi and Likpe) is recognized and adopted as a Constituency by the NDC.