The first 700 housing units under the Saglemi Affordable Housing Project are expected to be completed and commissioned by March 2027, President John Mahama has said.
A total of 1,500 units are targeted for completion by the end of 2027.
President Mahama made this announcement during a tour of the Saglemi housing project on Thursday, August 20, 2026.
The project had been left unattended to for a few years, but President Mahama is optimistic the housing units will be completed to serve their purpose.
He assured prospective homeowners that measures were being put in place to keep the facilities safe urged interested applicants to prepare to take advantage of the homes once the official registration process begins.
“When the portal is open, those who want to move to the beautiful home should register,” he said.
Addressing the gathering on the site, the Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of LMI Holdings, the property developer, Kojo Aduhene, said critical infrastructure works were ongoing across the estate.
He said the works included underground cabling, clearing of overgrown vegetation and the provision of reliable water infrastructure.
“We’re doing all the underground cabling, clearing the weeds, and water will not be a problem because we’ve got a water plant ready in the Dawa Industrial Area and it’s enough to supply water for all the units,” Mr Aduhene said.
The Saglemi Affordable Housing Project is located along the Accra–Sogakope highway which was started during the erstwhile National DemocraticCongress (NDC) government, has remained largely unoccupied for several years despite the completion of several housing units.
